Stevia: A healthy alternative to sugar
A balanced diet should not be boring. Nowadays, there are many different sugar alternatives.
Are all these alternatives health? What is the best way to sweeten your meals?
There are many different sweeteners available for your choice, but be careful, as many of them can be harmful to health if overused. There are two types of sweeteners:
- Artificial sweeteners are industrially produced and many of them, in terms of sweetness, are several times higher than the sweetness of sugar with a very small or 0 caloric content.
- Natural sweeteners are obtained from natural sources such as plants. This is definitely the best choice and natural sweeteners should be the first choice. They have a similar degree of sweetness to sugar and usually contain fewer calories.
Our choice in the world of sweeteners is Stevia, an ingredient of natural origin obtained from the plant Stevia Rebaudiana Bertoni. This sweetener is characterized by a slightly bitter taste compared to refined sugar, however, stevia does not contain sugars, which allows to avoid changes in insulin levels, thus being a suitable sweetener for diabetic patients and people who want to control their weight. Stevia reduces your likeness for sweets, which is a great help in maintaining your diet.
How to use a stweed?
Our lives were made easier with the inclusion of stevia in the diet. This natural sweetener can be used in dishes and recipes such as:
- With Greek yogurt;
- For smoothies;
Benefits of Stevia
Stevia not only sweetens your food, but also:
- Helps to supply your body with many essential nutrients since it is rich in vitamins and minerals;
- Helps regulate your blood sugar levels, which is an ideal solution for diabetic patients;
- Helps you lose weight because it contains few calories and reduces your caliping for sweets.
What are the best stevia sweeteners and where to find them?
Vitamins.lv store you can find a lot ofnatural alternatives to sugar that do not contain ingredients that can negatively affect your body – from stevia drops to protein powder sweetened with a health-safe sweetener.
Recipe of healthy pancakes with stéwi
- 6 tbsp. c. a pair of oatmeal;
- 1 tbsp. sus;
- 150 ml of egg whites;
- 1 tsp. coconut oils;
- Cinnamon to taste.
- Mix all components in the blender until uniform mass is obtained;
- The antipressure pan is lubricated with coconut oil;
- With the help of a sill make pancake shapes in a pan and allow to fry until the appearance of bubbles;
- Add the quidditable sauce or nuts, peanut butter, fruit or coconut chips.
Leave a comment